VERIFICATION OF EMPLOYMENT REQUESTS
Are you applying for credit, leasing or renting, financing a purchase, or applying for government services? If yes, we’ve made it a lot easier for you to obtain proof of income or employment when you need it.
We have partnered with The Work Number® service, which is a simple, secure and private way to get your employment and/or income information to the companies that need it. It’s available 24/7, so that you can get the decisions you need when you need them.
If your lender, banker, property manager, the car dealer or caseworker asks you how much money you make or to prove where you work, direct them to:
- 800-367-5690 M-F 8:00 am to 8:00 pm (ET)
- Employer Code: 4602685
How Do I Login to The Work Number?
- Start by going to https://employees.theworknumber.com
- Select “Log In” and follow the simple prompts
- Enter the Employer code 4602685
- If you are a returning user – enter your username and password; If this is your first time – pick “Register Now”
- The screen prompts will walk you through all the steps to help verify your identity and keep your account private while offering helpful messages if you have problems.
Simple as that. Visit https://employees.theworknumber.com to learn more.
For Social Services Verifications* (including Medicaid, SSI/SSDI, SNAP, TANF, Child Support, Public Housing, etc.) *Available to qualifying assistance agencies only.
- Please visit www.theworknumber.com and select “I’m a Verifier”
- Provide the following:
- Employer Name or Code: CrossMed Healthcare
- Employer Code is 4602685
- Employee’s Social Security Number
The Work Number service from Equifax is the leading resource for income and employment verification services nationwide. It provides verifiers an instant, automated solution for verification of employment, income and identity, based on payroll records contributed directly from thousands of employers.
Prior to using The Work Number, all verifier organizations must successfully pass a credentialing process, which validates legitimacy and permissible purpose, in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). Over 200,000 credentialed verifiers rely on The Work Number to securely deliver fraud-proof information that virtually eliminates reliance on applicant-provided data, helps increase regulatory and internal compliance, while adding to operational consistency and efficiency.
In addition to permissible purpose, The Work Number also requires that verifiers have documented consent of the employee-consumer to access income information. Consent is generally established via a signed acknowledgement at the point of application for a loan or service. The Work Number fulfillment process is purpose-built for completing verifications and securely delivering critical decision-making data with unparalleled speed and efficiency.